Academic Success Coordinator
Doctorate degree or recent advanced coursework preferred
Valid Texas Teacher Certification
Valid Texas Administrator Certification or other appropriate certifications
Knowledge of student failure prevention programs
Knowledge of strategies and materials for the remediation and enrichment of all students
In-depth understanding and experience working with online coursework, specifically for credit recovery
Knowledge of SSI compliance, processes, and state and local requirements related to STAAR testing
Ability to interpret data to determine program implementation effectiveness
Evidence of development, design and delivery of presentations and staff development
Strong organizational, communication, leadership, public relations, and interpersonal skills
Ability to communicate with teachers, educational leaders, school trustees, parents, and community leaders
Advanced ability to focus on details and use creativity to problem solve
Ability to function as a member of a high-performance team
Ability to work well with a diverse population
Minimum three (3) years of successful classroom experience
Minimum three (3) years of experience within campus/central office leadership
Campus or central office experience supervising programs and/ or personnel, preferred
Experience working collaboratively across key departments of a school district, preferred
Experience working with both elementary and secondary level schools, preferred
Demonstrated experience with large-scale project management, preferred
- Assist with development and implementation of a cohesive districtwide academic success plan to provide intervention, acceleration, and enrichment through Intersession.
- Coordinate a comprehensive academic success programming, including credit and cycle recovery, Fall Mini, Spring Free, Jumpstart, SSI summer school, summer enrichment camps, and Intersession.
- Support academic success programming efforts (i.e., credit and cycle recovery, Fall Mini, Spring Free, Jumpstart, SSI summer school, summer enrichment camps, and Intersession) on school campuses across the district.
- Generate reports and communicate data regarding academic success programming (i.e., credit and cycle recovery, Fall Mini, Spring Free, Jumpstart, SSI summer school, summer enrichment camps, and Intersession) for district and campus leadership.
- Collaborate with the Academic Success Administrator and other district departments to ensure alignment of academic success programs with district curriculum and initiatives.
- Coordinate ordering, delivery and inventory for supplies/resources/subscriptions needed to support academic success programming, including credit and cycle recovery, Fall Mini, Spring Free, Jumpstart, SSI summers school, summer enrichment camps, and Intersession.
- Provide training and support for campuses on products and resources utilized to support academic success programming, including credit and cycle recovery, Fall Mini, Spring Free, Jumpstart, SSI summer school, summer enrichment camps, and Intersession.
Policy, Reports, and Law
- Implement the policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required.
- Monitor state and federal legislative processes for potential impact on academic success programming.
- Articulate the district’s mission, instructional philosophy, and academic success programming to the community and solicit its support in realizing district’s mission and goals.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Demonstrate awareness of district-community needs and initiate activities to meet those needs.
- Communicate to district staff, parents, students, and community members in a manner that conveys respect, concern, and high expectations.
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with principals, teachers, staff parents, and community members.
- Foster rapport between the district and the community through positive involvement in civic activities.
- Pursue professional development through reading, attending conference, and being involved with related agencies and organizations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.