Accountant - Projects
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in accounting, finance or related field
CPA and TASBO Certification preferred
Knowledge of Texas Education Agency (TEA) Financial Accountability System Resource Guide
Knowledge of applicable State of Texas and United States government and government agency compliance requirements
Knowledge of governmental accounting and auditing principles established by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB)
Experience with a strong knowledge of Oracle 12 financials applications
Ability to analyze and interpret financial data, evaluate accounting problems, develop data, and recommend improved procedures
Ability to use software to develop complex accounting reports, spreadsheets, and databases
Effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Three (3) years’ accounting experience at a high level of responsibility
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and maintain financial records according to governmental accounting principles and district procedures.
- Compute and prepare data for journal entry.
- Prepare income statements, balance sheets, consolidated statements, and other statements and reports.
- Monitor and reconcile expenditures with budget availability.
- Assist in developing revenue and expenditure estimates for grant and capital projects funds.
- Perform cost accounting activities for grant, capital projects and capital asset expenditures.
- Review and verify accuracy of journal entries, accounting methods, and procedures.
- Reconcile grants and capital projects to general ledger.
- Submit expenditure reimbursement requests for grant funds in compliance with established procedures.
- Work with administrators, principals, directors, and staff regarding accounting issues.
Records and Reports
- Prepare timely audit schedules and financial statements according to federal, state, and GASB standards.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required, including auditable records and financial statements.
Supervise, evaluate, and recommend the hiring and firing of projects accounting specialist.