Accounting Specialist - Bookkeeper
High school diploma or GED
Knowledge of bookkeeping principles and practices
Ability to use computer and software to develop spreadsheets and do word processing
Proficient in keyboarding, 10-key numerical data entry, and file maintenance
Ability to work with numbers in an accurate and rapid manner to meet established deadlines
One (1) year experience or college course work in accounting-related subjects
- Maintain complete and systematic records of Curtis Culwell Center financial transactions and other assigned accounts.
- Verify and record details of financial transactions in appropriate journals and subsidiary ledgers.
- Examine general ledger and subsidiary ledger transactions for accuracy; make corrections as needed and inform supervisor of problems.
- Compute and record cash receipt entries.
- Process purchase orders, check requests, expense reports, warehouse requisitions and other documents as required.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required.
- Maintain timesheets for District personnel at the Curtis Culwell Center.