Accounts Payable Supervisor
High school diploma or GED
Knowledge of bookkeeping principles and practices
Ability to use computer and software to develop spreadsheets and do word processing
Proficient in keyboarding, 10-key numerical data entry, and file maintenance
Ability to work with numbers in an accurate and rapid manner to meet established deadlines
Four (4) years accounts payable related experience at clerical level
- Oversee the daily operation of the accounts payable department.
- Develop and implement procedures to ensure timely and accurate processing of all accounts payable.
- Ensue that accurate records of accounts owed are maintained and monitor account balances on an ongoing basis.
- Submits appropriate files to the bank for each check or electronic payment run.
- Maintain vendor files.
- Records wire transfers in accounts payable module.
- Review and authorize payment of invoices, check requests, travel advances and expense reports.
- Conduct periodic checks of department payables, including travel advances, expense reports and check requests.
- Manages 10999 files along with the yearly distribution and electronic submission to the IRS.
- Select, train, evaluate, and supervise accounts payable staff and make sound recommendations relative to assignment, transfer, retention, discipline, and dismissal.
- Evaluate job performance of employees to ensure effectiveness.
- Work with administrators, principals, directors, and staff regarding accounts payable issues.
- Work with vendors regarding accounts payable issues.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required, including auditable records.
- Supervise, evaluate, and recommend the hiring and firing of accounts payable clerk(s).