Administrative Intern High School
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certificate
Valid Texas administrative certificate
Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to manage student behavior and supervise large groups of students
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Three (3) years of classroom teaching
- Help teachers develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Help teachers prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in individual need.
- Assist teachers to plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, equipment, and technology that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of student’s assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Facilitate as appropriate Professional Learning Communities.
- Work with members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Plan and assign work to instructional aide(s) and volunteer(s) and oversee completion.
Student Growth and Development
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal data.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned.
- Monitor and report student attendance and grades.
- Student supervision and discipline as assigned.
- Be a positive role model for students; support mission of the school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
- Observe classroom instruction and provide feedback and assistance to classroom teachers to facilitate improvement and innovation.
- Plan and provide staff development.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with parents, students, colleagues, and community members.
Professional Growth and Development
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Direct the work of assigned instructional aide(s) and/or para-professionals.