Assistant Box Office Coordinator
The Assistant Box Office Coordinator will interact daily with patrons and provide customer service as well as assist Box Office Coordinator.
Minimum of two (2) years of related experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Ability to send out email blast to targeted markets
Knowledge of social media platforms (not limited to Facebook and Twitter), preferred
Knowledge of computer based ticketing
Strong written and verbal skills, preferred
Skills using Work, Excel, and MS Outlook
Highly motivated self-starter, a hard worker with a high energy level; a “doer” with a willingness to work hands-on in assisting customers and staff
A visionary and strategic thinker and problem solver
Possess high standards of integrity, credibility, and reliability
Possess ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and meet short deadlines with limited supervision
Works well independently and in a group setting, a true team player
Demonstrated knowledge of methods, practices and procedures for data processing and reporting
Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances
Employee must be willing to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
Customer service background experience
Prior knowledge of box office operations
Knowledge of media relations
- Maintain all CCC social media accounts.
- Manage CCC website
- Display event posters.
- Provide feedback in regards to customer entertainment preference and purchasing habits.
- Ascertain and resolve customer concerns, requests, and/or complaints in a timely, courteous and informed manner.
- Coordination between computer ticketing needs and staffing for events.
- Engages with key customers and assists them with their ticketing needs.
- Maintains quality database entry practices by self and staff.
- Manages ticketed events on weekends and in the evenings in absence of Box Office Coordinator.
- Assist Box Office Coordinator as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Leadership – Consistently accomplishes the expected objectives and takes on extra tasks or projects as necessary. Maintain a positive, achievement oriented attitude and influences other to do the same.
- Takes initiative with and is proactive in approach to accomplishing tasks. Ability to make decisions and take actions consistent with organizational goals.
- Initiative – Level of interest in role development, degree of motivation, and willingness to improve performance and increase job knowledge.
- Judgment – Uses discretion in making decisions within the scope of their job. Refers decisions beyond this scope to Box Office Coordinator. Discretion in handling confidential material.
- Presentation & Communication Skills – Includes the ability to express ideas effectively whether face-to-face or in writing in both individual and group situations. Presentations are conveyed in a clear and concise manner to the audience. Adjusting tome and terminology to the needs of the audience. Openly exchanges information in a timely manner. Knows who to keep informed. Uses confidential information with discretion.
- Planning and Organization – Ability to schedule workload, set priorities and manage time in order to complete assignments and fulfill responsibilities.
- Customer Focus – Interaction with internal and external customers. Requires putting yourself in the customer’s place, anticipating and meeting needs quickly and accurately. It also means following up and monitoring situation to be sure the customer is satisfied.
- Teamwork – Ability to interact and develop relationships with co-workers, give and receive constructive input, contribute ideas and viewpoints, adapt to changing circumstances and expectations and commitment to understand and remedy interpersonal conflicts.
- Technical Knowledge – Individual’s ability to demonstrate the specific skills necessary to the position using procedures, tools and equipment necessary to accomplish work.
- Work Habits – Demonstrates commitment, dedication, cooperation, positive behavior, adaptability, and flexibility with changes in jobs and duties. Being able to anticipate change and bring about changes when they are needed with proper professionalism.
- Creativity – Uses unique approaches and inventiveness. Seeks new alternatives and ideas. Takes appropriate action, and is efficient, resourceful, and creative in attaining position objectives. Ability to be self-directed.
- Selection of People – Requires an understanding of how the job fits into the “big picture”, identifying the key requirements and matching people’s skills and experience. Applies to the recruitment of staff, distribution of duties or projects to current staff and placement of staff on work groups.
- Manifests support for and compliance with the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of the Curtis Culwell Center and Garland ISD.
- Follow Curtis Culwell Center policies pertaining to the individual assignment.
- Demonstrates an interest in acquiring new skills and knowledge.
- Seeks professional growth through continuing education and staff development.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals
Occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Repetitive hand motions, frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Work irregular hours; occasional prolonged hours
Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress; maintain confidentiality