Assistant Director of Athletics
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
Valid Texas Teaching Certificate
Knowledge of overall operations of an athletic program
Knowledge of federal, state, and UIL policies governing athletics
Ability to implement policy and procedures
Ability to interpret data
Ability to manage budget and personnel
Excellent public relations, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Five (5) years teaching and coaching experience
- Direct and manage assigned areas of the district’s athletic programs.
- Maintain an active program that promotes good sportsmanship and student development including the time, resources, and materials to support accomplishment of department goals.
- Maintain physical and academic eligibility requirements for participation in each sport, and assist with verifying each athlete’s UIL eligibility.
- Monitor athletic programs assigned for effectiveness and ensure that program renewal is continuous and responsive to student needs.
- Manage assigned athletic operations including overseeing ticket sales, monitoring game officials, and ensuring preparation of facilities.
- Attend district athletic contests.
- Prepare and recommend interscholastic game schedules for areas assigned.
- Arrange transportation, lodging, and meals for out-of-town athletic events.
- Monitor the process of cleaning, sanitizing, repairing, and storing athletic equipment.
- Implement district student management policies, communicate expected student behavior related to athletics, and ensure enforcement of student discipline in accordance with Athletic Code of Conduct, Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication on vital issues with parents, students, and teachers.
Policy, Reports, and Law
- Implement the policies established by federal law, state law, State Board of Education rules, UIL rules, and local board policy in area athletics.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
Budget and Inventory
- Develop and administer budget for areas assigned based on documented needs and ensure that operations are cost effective and funds are managed wisely.
- Maintain a current inventory of supplies and equipment and recommend disposal and replacement of equipment.
- Prepare, review and revise job description for assigned area.
- Select or approve, train, supervise, and evaluate athletic department personnel in assigned area and make recommendations relative to placement, assignment, retention, discipline, and dismissal.
- Demonstrate awareness of district and community needs, initiate activities to meet those needs, and use appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.
- Support athletic booster club activities.
- Supervise, evaluate, and recommend hiring of coaches and support staff for assigned area.