Assistant Director Event Services & Operations
Support the management of the facility effectively and efficiently.
- Strong management skills, including knowledge of financial management, administration, budgeting, and personnel.
- Knowledge in the formulation of policies and procedures
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Knowledge in events planning
- Assist the Executive Director with developing policies and procedures related to the facility’s operation.
- Provide input to Executive Director in the development and administration of the budget for the facility.
- Supervision of the assigned clerical functions of the facility.
- Consults with various users, promoters, convention representatives, and others concerning physical set-up needs and requirements for designated areas.
- Communicate customer-specified event needs and requirements to staff to ensure customer event needs are met.
- Establishes short- and long-term guidelines for each event for staff and service providers for current and future reference.
- Implements and administers the customer service standards and all policies and procedures of the Curtis Culwell Center.
- Inspects facilities to ensure they are being appropriately maintained for events.
- Recommends actions necessary to maximize customer satisfaction and encourage repeat business to the center’s executive director.
- Communicate problems along with proposed solutions to the Executive Director.
- Independently analyze conditions and problems and take appropriate action.
- Maintains a flexible schedule as driven by events.
- Displays professionalism in dealing with students, parents, staff, and the community.
- Approaches problem solving tactfully with directness and integrity.
- Exerts a positive influence and works in harmony with associates.
- Responds to suggestions for improvement in a positive manner.
- Displays self-control and tact.
- Must display good attendance and is punctual.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Is mentally alert and physically able to perform job functions.
- Provides for the care and protection of school property.
- Manifests support for and compliance with the philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Garland ISD.
- Follows district policies about the individual assignment.
- Demonstrates an interest in acquiring new skills and knowledge.
- Seeks professional growth through continuing education and staff development.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Event Services Manager
Standard office equipment, including personal computer and peripherals
Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Repetitive hand motions, frequent keyboarding, and use of a mouse; occasional reaching
Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds
Work irregular hours; occasional prolonged hours
Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress; maintain confidentiality