Assistant Director of Special Programs
Knowledge of federal and special program rules and regulations
Ability to interpret data
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Three (3) years’ experience in federal program management
- Draft project proposals and reports, including the writing and development of program goals, objectives, and budget for Title I including preparing standard applications for federal funds to Texas Education Agency (TEA).
- Ensure proper budgeting of Title I funds.
- Ensure that campus Title I funding is allocated according to federal guidelines.
- Provide technical assistance to schools related to Title I compliance, budget and expenditures.
- Monitor Title I programs and their expenditures to ensure compliance with regulations and guidelines and ensure that programs are cost effective and managed wisely.
- Develop and implement a continuing evaluation of Title I programs and implement changes based on the findings.
- Provide training to campus administrators on federal compliance requirements.
- Ensure Title I compliance with private/non-profit schools.
- Provide training to campus staff related to State Compensatory Ed funds.
- Ensure proper costing and maintain documentation for State Compensatory Ed staff.
- Provide continuous monitoring and campus audits to ensure campus compliance with Title I regulations.
- Organize and manage Title I summer programs.
- Compile budget and cost estimates based on documented program needs.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required, including mandatory compliance reports to TEA.
- Ensure that Title I and State Compensatory Ed funds are included in the campus improvement plans.
- Provide training and support to campus staff related to the Comprehensive Needs Assessment, Campus Improvement Plan and Title I components.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and the local board policy.
- Assist with other special programs such as Advanced Academics, Summer School, AVID, and Magnet Programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of Title I campus liaisons, Title I Coordinator, and Title I Specialists.