Assistant Repair Technician
High School Diploma or GED
Valid Texas Driver’s License with good driving record
Maintain a current Food Handlers Certification
Possess general knowledge of food service commercial cooking equipment Ability to install new circuits, fan motors and components in accordance with applicable codes
Ability to perform mathematical calculations
Ability to diagnose and resolve job related problems
Ability to use hand and power tools
Demonstrated organizational, communication and interpersonal skills required to achieve the goals of the position
A minimum of three (3) years in a multi-unit operation, preferred
Maintenance and Repair
- Diagnose and repair malfunctions I various types of assigned SNS kitchen equipment.
- Install new kitchen equipment according to code specifications. Maintain preventive maintenance schedules and procedures for all assigned kitchen equipment, including lubrications and adjustments.
- Receive and complete work orders in a timely fashion.
- Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean.
- Maintain inventory of district-owned tools, equipment and parts stock.
- Respond to emergency calls for ice, temporary hand wash sinks and other equipment as needed.
- Paint and repair various carts and cafeteria equipment.
- Assist technicians with equipment installs.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment and ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting and climbing. Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and prompt report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
- Must be able to use basic computer software.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.