Assistant Superintendent for Safety and Operations
Valid Texas Principal/Mid-Management
Superintendent Certification or in progress
Possess the ability to use a logical process to gather and analyze information, render judgments or commit to a plan of action
Ability to use multiple systems to enhance job (Skyward, Review 360, Oracle and Exchange, etc.)
Ability to manage budget and department personnel
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Ability to implement policies and procedures
Evidence of demonstrated leadership skills
A minimum of five (5) years leadership experience in district administration, with at least three of the five years serving in the capacity of a campus principal.
Strong relationship with all tree cities; police departments and city leaders (Garland, Rowlett, and Sachse)
Possess leadership, direction and coordination of departments relating to Security, Student Nutrition Services and Transportation
Safety and Security
- Manage the Security Department Director to ensure effective operations related to security, emergency management, and telecommunications within the District.
- Work collaboratively with police chiefs, captains and lieutenants to serve as liaison between school and community to maintain the School Resource Officer program.
- Monitor security assessment and safety drills for campuses.
- Direct and manage operations related to security and safety management.
Student Nutrition Services
- Manage the Student Nutrition Services Director to ensure effective operations.
- Work directly with the Student Nutrition Services Director to ensure child nutrition operations meets regulatory and nutritional requirements for students.
- Maintain oversight of purchasing guidelines for cost-effectiveness and adherence to regulated guidelines.
- Supervise the activities of the Student Nutrition Services Department in accordance with District policies and applicable laws.
- Advises Food Services Director of Student Nutrition of food and nutrition related policies and operational guidelines.
- Manage Director of Transportation to ensure effective management practices.
- Monitor transportation operations to support instructional goals of the district.
- Work directly with the Director of Transportation to monitor and maintain procedures and compliance of Court Order and required transportation reports.
- Maintain efficient operations in regards to transportation routes and supplemental/overtime procedures.
- Work with the community’s civic, social and religious organizations to solicit support in obtaining the district’s mission and education goals.
- Maintain a budget for various functions to community events in all three cities to have a district presence and develop and nurture those relationships in our mission.
- Attend and coordinate community related events to improve parental involvement for the student in the GISD.
- Serve on boards and commissions of various organizations to enhance community relations in all three cities.
Other Duties Assigned/Expectations
- Attend school related functions to support GISD students and campuses.
- Coordination of internal and external written and verbal communications related to department functions as well as school board and community engagement activities as assigned.
- Monitor, analyze and develop department structures, assignments and positions to maximize efficiency and effectiveness with assigned fiscal parameters.
- Lead department efforts to support the District’s strategic framework and annual District goals.
- Oversee and implement professional development, supervision and evaluation program for operations department staff.
- Adhere to Professional Code of Ethics and district Policies.
*To meet the executive exemption test, the primary duty must be management and the employee must supervise at least two full-time employees.