AVID Elementary Specialist
Valid Texas Teaching Certificate
Experience with AVID at the campus or district level
Ability to provide instructional leadership and support
Knowledge of AVID essentials, components, and practices
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Minimum three (3) years elementary teaching experience
Experience in delivering staff development
Collaborating with administrative personnel
- Assists in the delivering district-wide AVID training.
- Work with classroom teachers to provide support in use of AVID strategies.
- Assist in coordinating AVID classroom walks and coaching of teachers.
- Works with Site Teams in facilitating progress toward campus goals.
- Assist in the monitoring progress and success of district AVID programs.
- Assists with coordinating workshops for AVID elementary teachers and administrators.
- Works with campuses in the preparation of AVID Summer Institute and Site Team planning.
- Assists in the coordination of Path and other district-wide AVID training.
- Assists in the coordination of various AVID special projects, pilots, etc.
- Assists AVID Site Teams in facilitating progress towards goals identified in the Site Team Plans.
- Works with AVID Elementary Team to meet with each principal to promote administrative support for and institutionalizing of the AVID system.
- Assist and monitor the implementation of AVID Schoolwide.
- Assists AVID Program Manager in coordinating and/or facilitating district AVID events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Policy, Reports, and Law
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required, including mandatory financial reports to TEA.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and the local board policy.