AVID Secondary Coordinator
Valid Texas Teaching Certificate
Valid Texas Administrator Certificate
Ability to provide instructional leadership and organizational assistance
Knowledge of AVID essentials, components, and practices
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Three (3) years’ secondary AVID teaching experience
Experience in delivering staff development
Collaborating with administrative personnel
- Coordinates workshops for Secondary AVID teachers, content-area teachers and administrators.
- Coordinates Path and other district-wide AVID training for AVID teachers and content area teachers as needed.
- Coordinates AVID classroom observations and coaching of AVID teachers at each Secondary sites.
- Participates in annual review of secondary sites Certification Self Studies to ensure that AVID is implemented at secondary AVID sites with fidelity and quality assurance.
- Assists, coaches and supports AVID Site Teams in facilitating progress towards goals identified in the Site team Plans and Certification Self-Study.
- Meets with each principal to promote administrative support for and institutionalizing of the ABID system.
- Coordinates use of resources in the district that are available to monitor progress and success of district AVID systems.
- Assists in the collection of data as guided by the national AVID Center.
- Assists Secondary District Director in coordinating and/or facilitating district AVID events as needed.
- Acts as a liaison between AVID Center and individual AVID sites as required.
- Collaborate with the Elementary Program Manager and Elementary Coordinator and District Director to ensure vertical articulation of AVID grade standards throughout our District.
- Develops social media and printed material to communicate Secondary AVID implementation in the District.
- Other duties as assigned.
Policy, Reports, and Law
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required, including mandatory financial reports to TEA.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and the local board policy.
- Hires, trains, schedules and manages AVID tutors for all secondary AVID sites in the District.