Behavior Intervention Specialist - Title I
Ability to assist teachers, campus administrators, and parents/guardians in developing and implementing effective behavior intervention plans for students
Ability to create, monitor and adjust Tier Two and Three intervention plans
Knowledge of laws, policies, and regulations related to student discipline and interventions/modifications for students
Strong organizational, communication (written and oral), and interpersonal skills
- Work with campus administration to identify students who need additional behavior supports beyond the Tier One Disciplinary plan.
- Create a system of transitions for students who receive out-of-school suspensions or alternative placements.
- Coordinate with community partners to develop a mentoring program for at risk students.
- Work with teachers to improve behavior management techniques with emphasis on working with students at risk of dropping out of school.
- Observe students who are experiencing behavioral difficulties in the classroom and recommend and assist in the development of a behavioral intervention plan for students.
- Coordinate with the campus RtI Facilitator in the Student Support process.
- Provide assistance to teachers in the implementation of the Texas Behavior Support Initiative (TBSI).
- Monitor effectiveness of student intervention plans, making recommendations for changes as needed.
- Facilitate increased communication between content area teachers as related to effective behavior management.
- Work with campus administrators and teachers on strategies to meet the needs of students with severe behavior problems.
- Deliver professional development in the area of behavior management (and other related topics) as part of campus training.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all stakeholders.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and the local board policy.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the campus principal