Bilingual Dyslexia Evaluator
Mid-Management Administrative certification or administrative certification
Valid Texas teacher’s certificate
Demonstrates working knowledge of instruction methods for student with dyslexia.
Specific knowledge of collecting and analyzing student data pertaining to achievement and effective teaching practices.
Ability to plan and conduct staff development with a focus on Dyslexia and Reading Development.
Ability to provide input in a positive manner.
Understanding of RTI and the problem-solving process and intervention model.
Knowledge of legal and procedural requirements for serving 504 and Dyslexia students.
Knowledge of Universal Screeners and Diagnostic Screeners.
Knowledge of Normed Referenced Assessments, Standard Scores, and Interpretation.
Minimum three (3) years successful experience as a classroom teacher
Classroom experience as dyslexia teacher preferred
- Executes and coordinates the district’s K-12 dyslexia programs.
- Evaluates the dyslexia program and recommends changes as needed.
- Assists staff in working with the dyslexia program.
- Works with K-12 principals to improve instruction of dyslexic students on their campus.
- Assist in the professional development of teachers through sharing of research based best practices.
- Provides program evaluation, staff development, and instruction modeling in support of the dyslexia program.
- Creates and maintains master schedule for all students in the dyslexia program across the district.
- Provides individualized assessments for dyslexia program across the district.
- Attends 504 and ARD meetings as dyslexia representatives.
- Supervises dyslexia therapists and paraprofessional who implement the dyslexia programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Dyslexia Therapists, Dyslexia Paraprofessionals