Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field. TSBO certified or on track to receive TASBO certification.
Knowledge of school finance rules and regulations and local board policies
Knowledge of the FASRG
Knowledge of accounting principles
Knowledge of budgeting software
Experience with Oracle and related budgeting software implementations
Advance skills in excel and other word products
Ability to interpret and implement complex school finance laws
Ability to interpret and generate complex revenue and expenditure financial models
Effective organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
Two (2) years as a professional in school finance and budgeting and three (3) plus years in accounting and finance related experience
- Assists in the development, approval and maintenance of the annual operating budget for General Operating, Debt Service and Food and Child Nutrition expenditures.
- Assists in revenue projection development for the annual budget.
- Reviews annual expenditure trends and reports results to the Executive Director of Budget, CFO and Director of Budget and Position Control.
- Develop budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
- Prepares comparability computation reports for federal compliance submission to TEA.
- Maintains campus allocation formulas and guidelines ad recommends yearly adjustments.
- Assist campus leaders and other staff to develop, review and maintain budgets and verify completeness, accuracy and compliance with TEA guidelines and other regulations.
- Assists in end of year expenditure estimates and future budget year projections.
- Executes transfers and amendments for campuses and departments for Board approval.
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of new budget software.
- Assist with testing of new reports and procedures in Oracle and the Planning Budget Cloud Service (PBCS).
- Analyze monthly campus budgets, expenditures and funds available and provide reports to Area Directors.
- Analyze, submit and post ongoing budget adjustments adhering to FASRG coding accuracy.
- Provide advice and technical assistance with cost analysis, fiscal allocation, and budget preparation to campuses.
- Compile and analyze accounting records and other data to determine the financial resources required to implement new programs.
- Prepares materials and facilitates meetings, workshops, trainings, etc. for the purpose of educating and supporting campuses, identifying issues or needs, and developing recommendations.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Advisor/Liaison to campuses.
- Executes budget transfers, failed funds corrections, communications and other reports.
- Keeps abreast technical and state regulations related to funding and program mandates.
- All duties as assigned.