Business Program Development Coordinator
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or a related field
Clear and valid Texas driver’s license
Demonstrated knowledge and experience in business practices, finance, personnel management and cost accounting
Demonstrated knowledge of pertinent federal, state and local regulations related to food service
Demonstrated strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
Five (5) years of business operations experience including experience working for a school district food service department
- Standardize accounting procedures in cooperation with the district business office.
- Prepare financial statements for department and school cafeterias.
- Develop new MIS Reports to help increase fiscal performance of the department.
- Collaborate with other management staff to develop strategic plan for department.
- Make all applications for federal subsidies.
- Arrange for audits of cafeteria accounts with the district’s auditors.
- Assist business office as necessary to properly record food service activity.
- Oversee meal application program.
- Assist with development and administration the departmental budget.
- Coordinate the automated and standardized collection of data related to procurement, equipment performance and fixed asset management.
- Compile and analyze data, and develop periodic and specific reports related to purchasing operations and recommend improvements.
- Responsible for utilizing School Nutrition Association Program of Excellence best practice indicators for area of responsibility.
- Responsible for providing compliance documentation as needed for administrative review as requested.
- Stay abreast of best practices, laws, regulations, policies and emerging technologies related to school food service operations and communicate to appropriate department personnel.
- Foster an environment in which open communication and feedback from principals and employees is encouraged and valued.
- Establish appropriate performance measures for evaluating customer satisfaction and participation, analyze performance measurement results and suggest adjustments to programs accordingly.
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned.
- All federally funded incumbents of this position must comply with time and effort reporting requirements through personnel activity reports or periodic certification, as appropriate.
- Supervise assigned staff.