Clinic Social Worker
Master’s degree in social work from a Council on Social Work Education (CAWE) accredited program
Valid Texas license as a master social worker (LMSW) granted by the Texas State Board of Social Workers Examiners
Knowledge of individual and group counseling skills
Knowledge and skill in casework methods
Strong consultation skills for conferencing with teachers, parents, and students
Knowledge of prevention and intervention strategies, including behavior management interventions
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Ability to present information I one-on-one, small group, and large group situations to students, parents, and district staff
Three (3) years’ minimal experience in social work
- Conduct individual and group counseling sessions to encourage peer support and enhance social development of students, including developing the ability to accept responsibility for their actions, resolve conflicts, develop decision-making skills, and handle crises. Work with students to improve attendance.
- Perform casework services with parents to increase the parents’ understanding, their constructive participation in resolving their child’s problems and their knowledge and use of available and appropriate resources.
- Provide crisis support and counseling to students, parents, and school staff.
- Coordinate and integrate school and community resources and refer school staff and parents to community resources where appropriate.
- Identify and explore causes of students’ dysfunction as it relates to the home, school, and community including making home visits to gather information relating to students. Arrange for medical, psychiatric, and other tests and examinations that may disclose causes of difficulties and indicate remedial measures.
- Participate in the Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee to assist in interpretation of assessment data, appropriate placement, and goal setting for students according to district procedures.
- Work with school personnel to help students explore support systems and make appropriate referrals.
- Serve as consultant to school personnel regarding students or situations that are not referred for direct district or outside services.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of parent involvement activities. Develop and conduct parenting training and support groups.
- Consult with parents regarding their children’s academic performance, behavior, and needs.
- Inform students and parents of their rights and responsibilities under federal and state law including compulsory attendance.
- Develop and maintain effective individual and group relationships with students and parents.
- Develop and coordinate a continuing evaluation of social work services and make changes based on the findings.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other required documents.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state laws, State Board of Education rule, and board policy. Comply with all district and campus routines and regulations.
- May supervise persons completing practicum or internship through a college or university program.