Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Communications or related field
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
Experience with commercial printing
Knowledge of Associated Press Style
Knowledge of the Texas Public Information Act and student privacy laws
Ability to meet established deadlines while managing multiple projects
Three to five (3-5) years’ graphic design or communications experience
Public and Media Relations
- Design, prepare, and edit publications and presentations produced by the Communication Department.
- Produce original digital artwork and graphic layouts for campus and district initiatives and events.
- Provide writing and proofreading services as needed.
- Coordinate with Printing Services or outside vendors for distribution of publications or projects.
- Assist with planning and implementation of special events and programs.
- Assist with maintenance and upkeep of the district website.
- Establish and maintain relationships with district and departmental leadership to cultivate an effective channel of communications.
- Maintain archives of digital assets.
- Provide digital media support on request
Policy and Law
- Effectively interpret policy, procedures and data.
- Help maintain the district brand.
- Demonstrate integrity while working with matters related to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and Texas Open Records Law.
- Work both independently with minimal direction and collaboratively as part of a larger team.
- Answer incoming calls and respond to routing inquiries from the public, media, Board of Trustees or staff as directed. Refer non-routine inquiries to the Director of Communications.