Knowledge and understanding of racial and cultural differences
Sensitivity to issues and concerns of communities of color and other divers groups
Knowledge of federal and special program rules and regulations
Ability to interpret data
Knowledge of Social Emotional Learning
Ability to speak fluently, read and write in Spanish, Vietnamese or other language, preferred
Ability to interact effectively with and provide guidance to staff, students, parents and community members
Skill at negotiating and consensus building to support administrative decisions and programs
Experience in community based work, e.g. community development, social work, etc.
Strong organizational, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
At least five (5) years prior experience in a multicultural, multiethnic urban school/community environment
Experience as a teacher leader, social worker or administrator on a public school campus or in a Central Office position
Successful experience in the areas of community engagement and conflict resolution
- Effectively address student, parent, and community concerns and complaints including choice of school, enrollment, communication, etc.
- Provide excellent customer services experience for parents, schools, and community members to foster a collaborative learning environment.
- Assist the District and schools in resolving educational and diversity issues affecting educators, students, parents, and the community.
- Maintains a lot of issues
- Actively monitors issues to determine if there are trends that can be addressed at the campus or district level
- Liaison between members of communities of color, other diverse groups, and the district.
- Develops and implements training to promote cultural understanding and competency and a climate of equity and inclusion related to Student Management.
- Collaborates with District management to create, implement and monitor programs.
- Gathers, researches and analyzes data for use in statistical calculations and reporting in order to meet federal and state requirements in the area of disproportionality
- Creates and implements campus needs assessment in collaboration with Student Services Assistant Directors to gather campus level data regarding disproportionality and staff and student support needs
- Prepares reports each grading cycle for the Board of Trustees
- Makes recommendations to campus administrators
- Supports campus in implementation of recommendations
- Identifies staff diversity training and coordinates/conducts training where appropriate
Family and Community Engagement
- Provides support to district-wide committees, i.e., Multi-Ethnic Committee and Multicultural event programming.
- Hele to foster, create, and maintain responsive and welcoming school culture and learning environments for parents, families and community partners.
- Serves as a Trainer of Trainers for Welcoming Walkthroughs
- Actively monitors and supports campus teachers and leaders through the process of creating a welcoming school culture based on parent feedback
- Cultivate new potential community partnerships and match potential partners with schools to address specific needs.
- Promote family and community engagement initiatives that foster a positive multicultural environment.
- Work with appropriate community agencies and partners to alleviate problems adversely affecting student behavior, attendance and learning.
- Coordinate and facilitate a series of family and community activities and programs to increase an understanding of school partnerships.
- Assist in the recruitment of community resources; i.e., local businesses, corporations, and organizations.
- Assist in the recruitment and training of community volunteers and match volunteers with schools.
- Provide technical assistance to district staff to achieve a broader understanding of community and school partnerships.
Program Administration and Management
- Manages Community Liaison budget, including developing budget proposals, justifying expenses and monitoring accounts.
- Manages complex projects with up-to-date information technology knowledge and determines which new technologies are needed to successfully solve problems.
- Stays abreast of advances in the area of diversity and prepares written materials (e.g. procedures, reports, memos, letters, budgets, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned by Executive Director of Student Services and School Choice.
- Secretary to Community Liaisons