Coordinator of Broadcasting
Bachelor’s degree with a major in Television or Film
Ability to manage diverse groups or individuals, both adults and students
Strong video production skills to include studio and field work; pre/post production and implementation of produced materials
Ability to organize, develop and produce video programming
Ability to work with staff members to create lesson plans for Television Magnet students
Ability to use Mac and PC computer programs to include, Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, Media Encoder, and After Effects
A valid Texas driver’s license and ability to drive to and from production locations in a personal car, ability to work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment
Excellent communication and decision-making skills
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Flexibility with schedule to attend board meetings, athletic competitions, and other events
Outstanding team player
Five (5) years of hands-on television production to include producing, directing and editing video programs
- Manage and schedule a department of five employees and one hundred thirty students.
- Develop a pre-production plan for each program to be produced.
- Direct live and taped broadcasts.
- Operate studio/field equipment to include:
Non-linear editing equipment
Set up of microphones and other related sound equipment
Set up of lights necessary for quality video
- Create creative graphics.
- Evaluate and purchase television equipment and supplies.
- Minor technical troubleshooting.
- Create and maintain the department budget.
- Maintain and manage the GRS-TV cable channels, YouTube channel, Twitter and Facebook.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Communications.
- Manage the day to day operations of the five employees that make up the district production department and Television Magnet Program.