Coordinator, Early Literacy
Master’s degree from accredited university with a major in assigned subject
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements for subject assigned
Principal or Mid-Management Certificate
Demonstrated ability to design and to lead the development of an effective, integrated curriculum
Demonstrated in-depth understanding of the Kindergarten-third grade TEKS, with a focus on designing effective curriculum that directly aligns with those standards
Demonstrated ability to integrate twenty-first century skills and technology into student learning experiences
Demonstrated success in student achievement as measured by data analysis of assessment results for curriculum and instructional design
Highly proficient in verbal and written language
Demonstrated interpersonal and collaborative skills for creating and adding value in a high stakes, fast-paced environment
Five (5) years teaching experience in early literacy educational settings
Demonstrated, successful experience in curriculum writing
Familiarity with dyslexia therapy practices
Experience working in intervention models serving at-risk students
Experience with balanced literacy
Content and Program Management
- Work cooperatively with directors and campus principals in developing and supervising the instructional programs in assigned subject area.
- Coordinate the review, development, and revision of all subject area programs and related curriculum documents and materials, including curriculum guides, course outlines, and teaching plans.
- Oversee testing programs for early literacy and make recommendations for improvement where appropriate.
- Coordinate the ordering and use of department instructional aides and materials for early literacy.
- Evaluate the curriculum and instruction program effectiveness for the assigned subject area based on evaluative findings (including student achievement data) and recommend changes as needed.
- Maintain a resource library of publications, supplementary materials, and supplies relevant to the assigned subject area.
- Participate in development, preparation, and administration of the budget for supplies, equipment, and facilities in early literacy.
- Plan and provide staff development for teachers, administrators, and staff in early literacy.
- Disseminate information regarding current research and significant developments on the state and national levels in early literacy.
- Observe classroom instruction and provide feedback and assistance to classroom teachers to facilitate improvement and innovation. Demonstrate teaching strategies with student in classroom.
- Convey information to parent and community members about school programs.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.