Coordinator of Employee Wellness & Nutrition
Bachelor’s Degree, required
Master’s Degree, preferred in wellness and/or nutrition related fields
Ability to develop, implement, and evaluate innovative health outreach programs
Ability to counsel and educate adult clients in health related topics
Ability to collaborate with local government and healthcare providers on healthy initiatives for targeted populations
Ability to work in a team environment and contribute to the School Health Advisory Committee
Strong interpersonal skills that foster trust from district employees
Minimum of three (3) years successful wellness and/or nutrition experience
Employee Wellness & Nutrition Management
- Develop, coordinate, manage and maintain total wellness and nutrition programming to encourage healthy lifestyles and meet the needs of employees.
- Draft employee communications with respect to new wellness and nutrition programming to provide continuing education.
- Organize and implement wellness related activities such as educational seminars, blood drives, vaccination clinics, etc.
- Serve as a permanent member of the district’s school health advisory committee.
- Coordinate department and district staff development, orientation, training and certification as related to health needs of employees.
- Keep abreast of current national wellness and nutrition initiatives and activities, developing a network of resources and contacts. Explore ideas and opportunities to personalize the program to increase employee participation.
- Develop marketing campaigns to promote a healthy lifestyle r participation in health and wellness programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Policy, Reports, and Law
- Compile, maintain and file all reports, records and other documents as required.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and the local board policy.
- Develop and administer employee wellness and nutrition budget based on documented needs and ensure that operations are cost effective and funds are managed wisely.