Coordinator Printing Services
High School diploma or GED
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Proficiency in all areas of printing and mailing procedures
Ability to use various software programs such as InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel, Word, etc.
Understanding and subsequent execution of following presses/copiers: Roland SolJETpro4, Mimaki JFX200-2513, Mutoh Value Jet VJ-1617H, ABDick 9910, ABDick9995, Sakurai Oliver 266EPZ, Prestek 52DO 4 Color Process to produce posters, banners, reports, programs, promotional items and t-shirts
Ability to prioritize work flow to address the needs of all departments and schools as requested
Ability to maintain an efficient, cost-effective, print production and delivery schedule
Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to work with short timelines and quick turnaround
Ability to make presentations/speak to groups about print services
Five (5) years production managers experience
Successful experience with leadership, direction and coordination of print projects
Successful experience with managing large budgets
- Direct and coordinate the production, pricing, and distribution of printed products.
- Ensure employees have the knowledge and information needed to complete their daily workload efficiently.
- Oversee two budgets totaling $1.3 million with fiscal responsibility and sound stewardship.
- Ensure cost recovery to avoid budget deficit.
- Supervise pricing and inventory policies designed to appropriately compete and achieve desired gross margin.
- Develop and review budget goals.
- Ensure all customers receive courteous and efficient service form all employees.
- Quote all incoming printing jobs in a timely manner.
- Produce a spread sheet that contains due dates, description of what customer requests, paper and ink types, binding type and cost for all jobs produced.
- Monitor and process personal time records including leave reports and submit in accordance with district procedures.
- Plan for and provide opportunities for employee advancement and development.
- Maintain inventory to assure service with a minimum of delivery delays.
- Operate specialized computer programs and related current applications used in the creation and design of illustrations, artwork design and layout for screen printing.
- Determine staffing requirements, hold interviews, and hire new employees following all district guidelines and policies.
- Stay current with changes from United States Postal Service on mailing cost and procedures.
- Support Communications and Public Relations with events and promotional needs.
- Stay current with trends in printing and machinery.
- Direct and manage all printing, bindery and mailroom personnel.