Coordinator, Secondary ELAR (Title II)
Coordinate the district secondary ELAR programming including the implementation of curriculum and professional development and coaching of teachers and campus leaders. Provide curriculum, assessments, professional development, instructional planning support, and course material selection guidance in EELAR-related courses. Ensure that all secondary ELAR programming is aligned to district goals and centered on student success.
- Master’s degree in education or subject-related field
- Valid Texas Teacher Certification
- Proven evidence of success as a STAAR/EOC ELAR teacher
- Demonstrated ability to design and lead the development of an effective, integrated curriculum
- Extensive understanding of the STAAR test, including upcoming redesign
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of the ELAR TEKS, with a focus on designing effective curriculum and assessments that directly align with those standards
- Experience coaching teachers
- Demonstrated ability to integrate 21st-century skills and technology into student learning experiences
- Ability to successfully provide instructional leadership, organization, communication, and management of the district ELAR initiatives and programs.
- Demonstrated success in student achievement as measured by data analysis of assessment results for curriculum and instructional design
- Highly proficient in verbal and written language
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaborative skills for creating and adding value in a high stake, fast-paced environment
- Minimum of three (3) years of teaching experience in STAAR/EOC ELAR classroom
- Experience in curriculum writing
- Experience coaching teachers, preferred
- Experience developing and implementing content-specific professional development, preferred
- Ability to provide leadership and vision district-wide for 6-12 ELAR instructional, curricular, and professional development initiatives with a student outcomes focus.
- Administer assigned budgets and ensure that programs are cost effective and funds are managed prudently.
- Direct supervision and evaluation of programs.
- Knowledge of district needs and goals pertaining to curriculum, instruction, training and resources, and current national research on ELAR programs/initiatives.
- Develop, coordinate, and oversee district events to promote the attainment of district goals and the implementation of district initiatives.
- Analyzes and uses data to identify needs and to evaluate, improve, and report on program effectiveness.
- Communicate the goals, plans, and progress of the district ELAR program.
- Establish strong working relationships with district staff, parents, and the community.
- Communicate and promote reading and writing activities to staff, parents, and the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
Oversee curriculum development, implementation, professional development, and teacher coaching in secondary ELAR.
Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals
Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Repetitive hand motions, frequent keyboarding, and use of a mouse; occasional reaching
Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds
Work irregular hours; occasional prolonged hours
Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress; maintain confidentiality