Coordinator Student Services
Master’s Degree in Administration or Education
Valid Texas Administrator Certification or Principal Certification
Excellent public relations, organizational, communication, managerial and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated leadership skills
Knowledge and experience with LPAC procedures
Knowledge of district Choice of School procedures
Knowledge and experience with Pre-K eligibility and enrollment procedures
Proven ability to work effectively with peers, students, and parents
Proven ability to provide community outreach
Knowledge of challenges facing immigrant families
Three years successful teaching experience
Administrative experience, preferred
- Attend and/or conduct all assigned meetings.
- Assist Student Services Assistant director on day-to-day issues related to PHLOTE Enrollment/LEP Data /Exits
- Attend TEA and other meetings as necessary to gather information related to program effectiveness and make certain that information is delivered to stakeholders
- Monitor Program Compliance for LEP & Pre-K.
- Provide information regarding community and GISD programming for immigrant students.
- Consult with campuses and families as it relates to LEP and Pre-K placement and data.
- Consult with PEIMS Coordinator regarding verification of LEP/Pre-K data.
- Collaborate effectively with the McKinney-Vento Liaison, the Foster Care Liaison and other central office or campus support staff involved parental and family outreach on Title I campuses, to ensure proper identification and services are provided.
- Assist campus personnel with keeping required documentation for enrollment and Pre-K eligibility.
- Provide professional development to staff responsible for data entry on student data system regarding student enrollment, LEP data, and Pre-L eligibility requirements.
- Assist in providing technical assistance to campuses regarding the maintenance of LEP student program codes to improve the District’s data collection for state reporting.
Policy, Reports, and Law
- Stay current and knowledgeable of laws, guidelines, and research related to federal programs that relate to enrollment for the Pre-K program.
- Prepare for audits and maintain documentation for students, including Pre-K and PHLOTE students.
- Participate in professional development to improve knowledge and skills to be more effective in the position.
- Assist the Assistant Director and Executive Director of Student Services with other projects as assigned.
- Supervise Enrollment Center personnel