Custodial Floor Crew CL Trainer
High School Diploma or GED
Clear and valid Texas driver’s license
Demonstrated ability to read and interpret documentation such as safety procedures, operating maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
Demonstrated ability to operate cleaning equipment and lift heavy equipment
Ability to evaluate and critique employees on cleaning procedures
One (1) years custodial experience
- Ensure that a cleaning schedule will be followed and will include cleaning, dusting, and/or vacuuming of floors, carpeting, walls, whiteboards, trash cans, windows, glass, furniture, equipment, and restrooms
- Ability to demonstrate and train staff on proper use of different pieces of equipment.
- Recommend abilities of staff to supervisors for possible placement in school positions.
- Able to perform preventive maintenance on all custodial equipment and to operate all equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Comply with the Texas Hazardous Communications Act which includes emphasizing safety, storing, handling, labeling, and application of all chemical.
- Regular attendance and punctuality at work are essential functions of the job.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Fill in for absenteeism at campus locations if needed.
- Maintain safety standards in accordance with federal, state, district, and insurance regulations and train technicians on proper and safe use of equipment and chemicals.
- Ensure that established safety procedures are followed including lifting and climbing. Make sure that tools and equipment are operated and chemicals handled according to established safety procedures.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
- Follow established procedures for locking, checking, and safeguarding facilities.
Inventory and Equipment
- Evaluate and recommend custodial supplies and equipment to be used.
- Prepare, implement, and maintain preventive maintenance schedules for custodial equipment, ensure that maintenance is completed and equipment is in safe operating condition, recommend replacement of existing equipment when necessary.
- Conduct regular inventory of physical equipment and supplies and maintain accurate records, order tools equipment, and supplies as needed.
- Select, train, supervise, and evaluate staff and make recommendations relative to assignment, retention, discipline, and dismissal.