High School Diploma or GED
Clear and valid Texas driver’s license
Demonstrated ability to read and interpret documentation such as safety procedures, operating maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
Demonstrated ability to operate cleaning equipment and lift heavy equipment
Able to repair all custodial equipment
One (1) year equipment repair
- Able to repair equipment.
- Should be able to review equipment schematics to determine what parts need to be replaced.
- Performs PM’s on all custodial equipment.
- Can fill in if needed as a regular custodian.
- Controls inventory of any extra equipment and parts.
- Maintain safety standards in accordance with federal, state, district, and insurance regulations and train technicians on proper and safe use of equipment and chemicals.
- Ensure that established safety procedures are followed including lifting and climbing. Make sure that tools and equipment are operated and chemicals handled according to established safety procedures.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
- Follow established procedures for locking, checking, and safeguarding facilities.
Inventory and Equipment
- Evaluate and recommend custodial supplies and equipment to be used.
- Prepare, implement, and maintain preventive maintenance schedules for custodial equipment, ensure that maintenance is completed and equipment is in safe operating condition, and recommend replacement of existing equipment when necessary.
- Conduct regular inventory of physical equipment and supplies and maintain accurate record, order tools, equipment, and supplies as needed.
- Assist in the analyzing and selecting replacement equipment.