Data Clerk Medicaid
High School Diploma or GED
Valid TEA Certification
Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities and projects in order to meet timelines
Ability to handle day-to-day disruptions and requirements as necessary with a positive attitude
Ability to multi-task
Ability to answer multi-line phone system
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
Some knowledge of Special Education Services is desirable
Computer skills including use of word processing, spreadsheet and database systems
Knowledge of school district organization, operations and administrative policies
Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
One to three years secretarial experience, preferably in public education environment
Word processing, spreadsheet, and database systems skills preferred
Customer service experience
Previous experience with insurance claims preferred
Experience in successful management of major projects
- Conduct training sessions with service providers regarding SHARS/Medicaid procedures and requirements involving information regarding Medicaid eligibility lists, consent forms, monitor and ensure online Medicaid session billing is completed in a timely manner.
- Assist with revising training documents presented to teachers, team leaders, etc.
Medicaid Eligibility Lists:
- Monthly eligibility list obtain from import and update billing program and special education student management system.
- Assist in updating Medicaid billing and special education information systems.
- Ensure Medicaid consent has been received for all student billing submissions.
- Enter transportation trips; maintaining totals for annual cost report.
- Coordinate required prescriptions for services and ensure current status or prescriptions.
- Enter/update student information in billing and special education information systems.
- Maintain filing system for all Special Education students receiving Medicaid billable services.
- Keep informed of and comply with all state and district policies and regulations concerning primary job functions.
- Follow all rules, regulations and policies of Garland ISD and follow directives from supervisors.
- Follow attendance policy as assigned by supervisor.
- Perform other functions that may be assigned by the Administration/Supervisor.