Director Budget and Position Control
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business (preferred)
- Minimum five (5) years Oracle eBusiness Suite, R12 experience resources
- Knowledge of the Texas Education Agency Financial Accountability System Resource Guide (FASRG) and Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS)
- Experience in public school finance and an understanding of budgeting and finance TASBO certified.
- Ability to use multiple software modules to develop spreadsheets, databases, and reports
- Knowledge of general compensation including compliance with state and federal laws and regulations
- Ability to implement policy and procedures
- Ability to organize, analyze and interpret data
- Strong public relations and organizational skills
- Effective oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
Position Control Experience:
- Experience in position inventory control
- Up to three (3) years’ supervisory experience
- Experience with electronic time management
- Five (5) years of budget, governmental accounting and/or finance
- Direct and maintain the position control data system in an accurate and efficient manner and account for 7,500 plus positions.
- Enter, update, and maintain accurate position data to include assignments, reassignments, salary changes, and separations.
- Monitor and report on al FTE, vacancies, and pooled positions.
- Direct management, deployment and maintenance of the time management hardware and software module (KRONOS).
- Assist in the set up and maintenance of employee and manager profiles for FLSA compliance.
- Classify positions according to PEIMS guidelines.
- Direct and manage supplemental pay transactions KRONOS and Oracle to provide accurate and compliant payment to employees.
- Develop and administer district-wide training on job requisitions (REQ’s) and personnel action requests (PAR’s) and workforce management and time keeping for supplemental payments.
- Monitor and communicate position/staffing cost impact and determine appropriate expenditure/funding costing accounts consistent with the FASRG and reporting to PEIMS.
- Monitor and understand budget impact/constraints and use best fiscal practices to maximize efficiency.
- Assist in the development of long and short range objectives for the business operations of the district.
- Assist in the budget development process including board presentations and development of annual budget book.
- Evaluate system procedures and controls and identify design, implementation and maintenance improvements.
- Review and monitor PEIMS submission data and coordinate/create reports for executive staff and the Board of Trustees.
- Develop and maintain procedures and policies for position control and budget departments.
- Provide customer support to all campus and department staff.
- Coordinate and assist with department trainings during budget development and throughout the fiscal year.
- Assist with the monitoring of budget allocations and expenditures for the purpose of ensuring that allocations are accurate and within budget limits.
- Revie and analyze supporting information needed to update the state funding template.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Supervise and evaluate Kronos Team.