Director, Elementary Integrated Literacy Studies (Grant Funded)
Master’s degree in related field
Principal or Mid-Management Certification (or certification in progress)
Valid Texas Teacher’s Certification
Extensive knowledge of curriculum and instruction with an emphasis on literacy
Experience developing curriculum documents designed to meet all students’ needs
Experience with large-scale program implementations
Ability to interpret data and evaluate instruction programs and teaching effectiveness
Ability to manage budget and personnel
Ability to implement policy and procedures
Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
Five (5) years of successful elementary classroom teaching experience
Three (3) years of district leadership experience
Experience with and/or participation in Reading Academy, preferred
Experience in the development and delivery of elementary literacy and social studies curriculum and instructional programs that incorporate district goals and support student achievement, preferred
Instructional and Program Management
- Oversee the development and delivery of elementary literacy and social studies curriculum and instructional programs that incorporate district goals and support student achievement.
- Participate in the district-level decision-making process to establish and review the district’s goals and objectives and major classroom instructional programs. Ensure that goals and objectives are developed using effective collaborative processes and problem-solving techniques.
- Monitor and re-evaluate the implementation of instructional programs on an ongoing basis using input from teachers and principals, applied research, and date to determine effectiveness and improve outcome. Recommend changes and adjustments where appropriate in alignment with grant guidelines.
- Ensure that the necessary time, resources, materials, and technology support accomplishment of student achievement goals.
- Collaborate with curriculum and instruction coordinators, specialists, principals, teachers, and other instructional staff to develop, maintain, and revise curriculum documents based on a systematic review and analysis in alignment with grant guidelines.
- Engage instructional staff in evaluating and selecting instructional tools and materials to meet student-learning needs.
- Actively support the efforts of others to achieve district goals and objectives and campus performance objectives (Texas Academic Performance Indicators).
- Oversee staff development programs and provide effective activities that support instructional programs, incorporate input from teachers and principals, and are consistent with the district’s mission.
Budget & Inventory
- Develop and administer the elementary literacy and social studies curriculum and instruction budget based on documented program needs and ensure that operations are cost effective and funds are managed prudently.
- Participate in development, preparation, and administration of the budget for supplies and equipment and ensure that the program is cost effective and funds are managed wisely.
- Contribute to the selection and purchase of supplemental equipment and supplies for the program in alignment with grant guidelines.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and the local board policy.
- Elementary ELAR, SLAR, Social Studies curriculum coordinators and instructional support staff