Director, Elementary Integrated Math/ Science Studies (Grant Funded)
Direct and manage the district’s elementary mathematics and science curriculum and professional development. Ensure that the development and delivery of curriculum and instructional programs are effective and efficient, incorporate district goals, and support student achievement in the area of integrated math and science.
Master’s degree in related field
Principal or Mid-Management Certification
Valid Texas Teacher’s Certification
Knowledge of curriculum and instruction with an emphasis on mathematics and/or science
Experience developing curriculum documents designed to meet all students’ needs
Experience with large-scale program implementations
Ability to interpret data and evaluate instructional programs and teaching effectiveness
Ability to manage budget and personnel
Ability to implement policy and procedures
Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
Three (3) years of successful classroom teaching experience
Three (3) years of district leadership experience
Experience with implementation of small group instruction preferred
Experience in the development and delivery of elementary mathematics and science curriculum and instructional programs that incorporate district goals and support student achievement preferred
Instructional and Program Management
- Oversee the development and delivery of elementary math and science curriculum and instructional programs that incorporate district goals and support student achievement.
- Participate in the district-level decision-making process to establish and review the district’s goals and objectives and major classroom instructional programs. Ensure that goals and objectives are developed using effective collaborative processes and problem-solving techniques.
- Monitor and re-evaluate the implementation of instructional programs on an ongoing basis using input from teachers and principals applied research, and data to determine the effectiveness and improve outcomes. Recommend changes and adjustments where appropriate in alignment with grant guidelines.
- Ensure that the necessary time, resources, materials, and technology support the accomplishment of student achievement goals.
- Collaborate with curriculum and instruction coordinators, specialists, principals, teachers, and other instructional staff to develop, maintain, and revise curriculum documents based on a systematic review and analysis in alignment with grant guidelines.
- Engage instructional staff in evaluating and selecting instructional tools and materials to meet student-learning needs.
- Actively support the efforts of others to achieve district goals and objectives and campus performance objectives (Texas Academic Performance Indicators).
- Oversee staff development programs and provide effective activities that support instructional programs, incorporate input from teachers and principals, and are consistent with the district’s mission.
Budget and Inventory
- Develop and administer the elementary math and science curriculum and instruction budget based on documented program needs and ensure that operations are cost-effective and funds are managed prudently.
- Participate in the development, preparation, and administration of the budget for supplies and equipment and ensure that the program is cost-effective and funds are managed wisely.
- Contribute to the selection and purchase of supplemental equipment and supplies for the program in alignment with grant guidelines.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and the local board policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Elementary math and science curriculum coordinators and instructional support staff.
Standard office equipment such as personal computers and peripherals
Prolonged sitting, occasional bending/stooping, pushing, pulling, and twisting
Repetitive hand motions, frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Frequent district-wide travel; occasional statewide travel
Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress