Director of Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, preferred
Associate degree in GIS or closely related computer science field, required in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree
Previous working experience with school district facilities
Ability to manage budget and direct reports
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Minimum three (3) to five (5) years of recent school district experience preferred
Basic familiarity with K-12 school design and construction
Working knowledge of basic databases and information systems
Previous supervisory experience
- Direct the overall day-to-day operation of the GIS department.
- Provide consultation and guidance to district administrators in the development of applications using GIS.
- Work with all district departments, when requested, to provide a DIS solution(s) or related information.
- Coordinate internal resources in the development of GIS based solutions.
- Coordinate with outside consultants, resources and support.
- Manage GIS related projects.
- Coordinate with departments in maintaining up-to-date floor plans, site plans, inventories and asset management.
- Approve all room numbers used or proposed within the district.
- Assist in quality control and quality assurance of GIS production applications.
- Assis in the evaluation of technologies, software and applications for use within the GISD environment for appropriateness and effectiveness.
- Coordinate and work with the district Technology department on all technical GIS operations.
- Develop and monitor departmental budget.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Supervise GIS Manage and AutoCAD Facilitator