Director of Network & Communications Infrastructure
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Education, Information Technology or related disciplines, preferred
Four (4) additional years of similar and relevant experience may be substituted for this requirement
MBA in related disciplines is preferred, but not required
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation Level, required
Project Management Professional (PMP), preferred
Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD), preferred
Fiber optic infrastructure, particularly outside plant, and its maintenance, management, and operations
Design and support of fiber optic transport technologies, particularly wave division multiplexing (DWDM & CWDM) technology
Cisco Systems products (or equivalent) and their design, configuration, deployment and management
Demonstrated understanding of Ethernet, TCP/IP, and wireless network design, build and operations
Proven technical experience with broad knowledge and support of networks, servers systems, applications, databases and messaging technologies
Storage Area Network (SAN) technologies including Hyper-V and VMWare
System and network management frameworks
Regulatory compliance issues, as well as best practices in system and network security
Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated history of advance customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated history of leadership with multi-million dollar, customer facing projects and systems spanning the entire enterprise.
Advanced knowledge of industry best practices relative to IT management including methodologies, frameworks and standards such as ITI, ISO 9000, Six Sigma, etc.
IT Project Management and enterprise technology implementation
Capacity to promote and follow board of education and superintendent policies and school and department processes
Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people, including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds.
Recognition of the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator
Minimum of 10 years of experience designing, implementing and operating successful enterprise class (50+ sites, 50,000 devices) networks, vendor evaluation and relationships management; Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposal (RFP) writing and evaluations
Minimum of 5 (5) years of leadership experience of a highly effective team of network engineers and technicians, budget experience, knowledge and understanding of K-12 educational organization, goals and objectives, policies and procedures, and development of IT services in a large educational institution
- Maintain a reliable and high performing network and communications systems infrastructure that meets the needs of the students, teachers, staff and community of GISD.
- Meet or exceed all metrics related to network and communications systems infrastructure within all schools and GISD locations.
- Collaborate and provide an escalation/problem support (level 2&3) for the support area to resolve network related and customer issues and problems within Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Analyze complex business needs presented by schools and administrative departments, and develop and implement technical solutions.
- Present technology and network solutions to executive management.
- Develop and implement school district standards and specifications for networks and communications systems infrastructure.
- Provide network and communications systems design and documentation in all GISD facilities.
- Provide high-performing network access measured on KPI’s to the Internet and GISD network services.
- Prepare and maintain E-Rate related projects and budgets as well as other grant related projects.
- Develop and manage budget for area based on documented needs, ensure that operations are cost-effective and available funds are managed wisely.
- Prepare, review and revise all job descriptions in the network and communications systems area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Actively maintain a culture of shared leadership with other TIS Directors.
- Foster a culture of accountability sot that all TIS staff know what they need to achieve in order to be considered successful.Provide appropriate autonomy to lead technical experts, while holding them accountable for overall success of their subsystems and projects.
- Help to create a growth path for all staff through such efforts as peer-to-peer mentoring and cross-training, while also incentivizing staff to engage in vendor/industry training seminars and accredited continuing education programs