District Athletic Trainer Coordinator
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
Licensed Athletic Trainer – State of Texas
American Heart Association First Aid/CPR Instructor Certified
Valid Texas Teaching Certificate
Knowledge of overall operations of an athletic training program
Knowledge of state and UIL policies governing athletics
Ability to interpret policy, procedures and data
Ability to manage budget and personnel and coordinate district functions
Strong communication, purlic relations and interpersonal skills
Five (5) years high school athletic training experience
- Promote an environment that is safe, friendly and inviting.
- Set a standard of instructional and performance excellence for the entire athletic training staff.
- Direct all athletic trainers in the development of their programs.
- Set measurable annual goals for athletic trainers and facility improvement.
- Represent the district’s athletic training programs in a positive way to the public, other school districts, the UIL and other related organizations.
- Assist with planning and conducting needs assessments related to athletic operations.
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing and coordinating the addition of new athletic trainers to the district.
- Meet regularly with staff in individual and group sessions.
- Develop individual and staff professional development plans.
- Counsel athletic trainers on UIL/State rules and eligibility.
- Provide for at least one complete, annual evaluation of every athletic training staff member.
Administration and Fiscal/Facility Management
- Supervise the preparation for the overall athletic training budgets for submittal to the director of athletics.
- Coordinate filings of the GISD student insurance with athletic trainers, coaches and the GISD Risk Management Department.
- District Athletic Department’s Web Site: train the coaches on how to input schedules and scores; monitor website to make sure information is updated and accurate.
- Approve procedures for cash management and internal accounting.
- Develop an environment that stimulates academic and athletic excellence.
- Develop a safe, friendly and inviting atmosphere.
- Develop policies and procedures that teach student safety, respect discipline, responsibility and leadership.
- Emphasize a “student-first” environment.
District Organizational – Community Relations
- Articulate to the public the ways in which the department of athletics supports the mission and goals of GISD.
- Participate in community activities and organizations that foster rapport and mutual respect between GISD and the community.
- Assume a position of leadership in local, state and national athletic training organizations.
Professional Growth and Development
- Seek, accept and respond to evaluative feedback from subordinates, peers and supervisors in order to improve performance and service.
- Take initiative to develop needed professional skills.
- Remain current with professional continuing education requirements.
- Attend local, state and national clinics and conventions as appropriate.
- Conduct oneself in a professional and ethical manner and abide by all professional codes of ethics.
- Perform other tasks and assume such responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Supervise instructors.