District Parent Educator Administrator
Bachelors’ Degree in a related field
Demonstrated skills and knowledge of methods and procedures for effectively involving home, school, and community in meeting the education needs of children and youth.
Demonstrated knowledge of business and community guidelines
Three years of documented school and/or community based experience
- Develop and facilitate assigned parent and family literacy programs and assist in identifying and recruiting families for those programs.
- Develop and facilitate a series of family and parent training sessions and programs in an attempt to increase family and parental engagement.
- Research current studies and programs in the area of parent education.
- Consult with principals and school leadership to facilitate implementation of parent education programs promoting student achievement and parent engagement.
- Schedule and conduct home visits to deliver parent education training that enhances the parental role.
- Collect and analyze program data to adjust and refine programs/services; prepare documents, summaries, management reports, and implementation plans as requested.
- Distribute materials as needed to participant homes and records disbursements.
- Participate in the development, record keeping, and management of budgets for assigned programs.
- Serve as a resource for school related organizations, including Parent Teacher Association, etc.
- Provide technical assistance to district staff to achieve a broader understanding of the student community and family engagement.
- Serve as a mentor to students, conduct home visits, and assist parent groups.
- Inform parents and students through a variety of forums including face-to-face and community meetings and online forums.
- Produce and disseminate materials and information pertaining to the Family and Community Engagement program to its various publics in multiple formats.
- Conduct district/campus professional development in-service as requested to promote positive campus/staff volunteer/partner relationships and engagement.
- Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned by the Family and Community Engagement Director.