Texas Teacher Certification
Elementary Certification preferred
Master Reading Certification preferred
CALT preferred or commitment to attend two year therapy program
Knowledge of dyslexia
Knowledge of the reading process
Knowledge of the Section 504 process, preferred
Ability to relate positively to students, parents, and staff
Ability to handle high-volume, fast paced workload
Effective and pleasant telephone/communication skills
Good judgment in handling confidential information
Flexibility under pressure is a must
Ability to work as part of a team
Three (3) years successful teaching experience
- ongoing progress measurements of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Be a positive role model for students; support mission of the school district.
- Attend 504 meetings as dyslexia representative.
Classroom Management and Organization
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Assist in selecting books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with parents, students, colleagues, and community members.
Professional Growth and Development
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Other duties as assigned.