Equipment Technician Refrigeration
High School Diploma or GED
Valid Texas Driver’s License with good driving record
Commercial or school food service equipment maintenance experience working with hot or cold side equipment, preferred
C.F.C. Certified EPA Approved
Prefer State Contractor License for Environmental AC & Refrigeration
Maintain a current Food Handlers Certification
Knowledge of food service commercial cooking equipment repairs, maintenance and installation techniques
Ability to read and understand electrical diagrams and schematics
Ability to install new circuits and components in accordance with applicable codes
Ability to perform mathematical calculations
Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
Ability to use hand and power tools
Ability to correctly procure parts and equipment through the use of the district p-card purchasing program
Demonstrated organizational, communication and interpersonal skills required to achieve the goals of the position
A minimum of three (3) years in a multi-unit operation, preferred
Maintenance and Repair
- Diagnose and repair malfunctions in various types of SNS kitchen equipment. Repair, replace or calibrate controls including thermostats and switches.
- Install new kitchen equipment according to code specifications. Connect all temperature controls and switches according to wiring schematics.
- Maintain preventive maintenance schedules and procedures for all kitchen equipment, including cleaning condensers and coils, lubrications and adjustments.
- Receive and complete work orders. Select materials and hardware; make time and material cost estimates; communicate needs as necessary depending on cost limitations.
- Purchase all items necessary for the completion of the work order according to district P-card regulations. Document all invoices and retain information for P-card reconciliation.
- Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean.
- Maintain inventory of district-owned tools, equipment and parts stock.
- Respond to emergency calls as needed.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment and ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting and climbing. Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.