Extended Learning Program Administrator
- Master’s degree in Curriculum & Instruction or subject-related field
- Valid Texas Administrator Certification
- Strong knowledge of the Texas Education Agency’s list of approved high-quality instructional materials
- Knowledge of personalized learning practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, reflecting a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with stakeholders, including parents, guardians, and community members
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Ability to adapt well to change, apply new solutions to rapidly-changing expectations, and Initiate work with minimal supervision and direction
- Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data to scale district-wide implementation plans
- Understanding of federal compliance and budget management
- Minimum of three (3) years of teaching experience as a K-12 educator
- Some campus and/or district leadership experience and managing, analyzing, and reporting data to inform decision-making
- Some coaching experience preferred
- Effectively address COVID-related unfinished learning through the development of a high-quality afterschool program as part of the TCLAS grant.
- Work with campuses to design afterschool programs that provide safe and healthy environments for learning acceleration and enrichment.
- Encourage and model innovative thinking and risk-taking to provide targeted academic support aligned with individual needs, high-quality curriculum and instruction, and the regular school day.
- Work with curriculum coordinators and teachers to develop an instructor-friendly and useful extended learning curriculum.
- Coordinate the development, implementation, and enhancement of extended learning opportunities for identified district and campus staff.
- Analyze data in order to monitor program effectiveness, and recommend and implement changes and/or adjustments to extended initiatives.
- Prepare high-quality reports (e.g., timelines, status reports, implementation plans) and ensure timely submission to appropriate personnel.
- Plan for and facilitate extended learning leadership team meetings regularly.
- Meet with stakeholders to promote administrative support for institutionalizing extended learning programming.
- Remains current in professional practices and developments, educational technologies, and research.
- Develop and manage the project budget to ensure the appropriate use of funds in support of project goals.
- Establish and manage the budget for extended learning afterschool learning programs.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and the local board policy.
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned.
Standard office equipment, including personal computer and peripherals
Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting.
Repetitive hand motions, frequent keyboarding, and use of a mouse; occasional reaching
Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds
Work irregular hours; occasional prolonged hours
Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress; maintain confidentiality