Facilitator Parent Engagement - Title I
Facilitate the district Title I, Part A compliance components of the Parent and Family Engagement program. Collaborate with district staff and outside personnel to formulate, develop, implement, and evaluate the Parent and Family Engagement component of the Title I, Part A program to ensure compliance with regulations and guidelines.
Valid Texas teaching certificate
Experience working with diverse populations
Knowledge of Title I, Part A Parent and Family Engagement requirements and best practices
Experience working with families
Experience developing and implementing professional development opportunities
Ability to interpret data
Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
Five (5) years’ successful classroom experience in education
Three (3) years classroom teaching experience
Experience implementing the Title I, Part A Parent and Family Engagement program
- Develop and implement programs and activities to increase parent and family engagement on Title I, Part A campuses.
- Support district and campus Title I, Part A Parent and Family Engagement efforts to ensure compliance requirements are met and well documented. This includes, but not limited to, support with annual Title I, Part A Program Parent and Family Engagement meeting, written Parent and Family Engagement Policy (district and campus), School-Parent Compact, Parent and Family Engagement Survey, Parents’ Right to Know Teacher and Para Qualifications and Parents’ Right to Know Student Achievement.
- Facilitate district Parent Advisory Committee meetings to review and revise District Parent and Family Engagement Policy.
- Develop a series of family and parent training sessions and programs to increase family engagement and capacity for involvement.
- Provide training to campus administrators on federal compliance requirements.
- Identify best practices and develop a toolkit for educators to increase two-way communication between school and home.
- Consult with Title I, Part A Program principals and school leadership to develop activities that encourage and engage parents to become full partners with the campus.
- Lead assigned campus contacts to develop strategies and training that address campus-specific parent and family engagement needs.
- Provide parents with information regarding ways to collaborate with Title I, Part A campus and support child’s social, emotional, and academic growth.
- Stay current on new developments and research in parent and family engagement by reading publications, attending professional conferences, and networking with surrounding school districts.
- Serve as a resource for school related organizations, including Parent Teacher Association, etc.
- Assist with securing translation services for Spanish speaking parents at parent meetings and other campus and/or district activities.
- Maintain accurate records on statistics of parents served, program evaluation, and other supporting documentation, as necessary.
- Comply with time and effort reporting requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned and as allowable under federal program guidelines.
- Monitor district Title I, Part A Program, Parent and Family Engagement compliance and expenditures to ensure compliance with regulations and guidelines.
- Provide continuous monitoring to ensure campus compliance with Title I, Part A, Parent and Family Engagement regulations.
- Review, verify and submit all non-travel campus expense transfers.
- Provide technical support to campuses as relates to maintaining their Title I, Part A Program documentation (approve requisitions; maintain balance sheets, budget amendments, etc).
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and the local board policy.
Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals
Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Repetitive hand motions, frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Frequent districtwide travel; occasional statewide travel
Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress