Family Engagement Coordinator
Under general supervision, formulate methods and procedures for effectively involving the home, school, and community in the achievement of influencing the progress and achievement of students with district and community resources to support district and campus-level parent involvement efforts. Coordinate the district program for family engagement. Collaborate with district staff and outside personnel to provide engagement opportunities for family members.
Valid Texas Teaching certificate
Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Knowledge of strategies to engage family and community members
Ability to interpret data
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in working in a school setting
Experience working in a diverse community, creating and maintaining positive relationships with the community and all stakeholders, with data analysis
- Develop and coordinate programs and activities to increase family and community engagement.
- Develop and coordinate a series of family and parent training sessions and programs to increase family and parental engagement.
- Research current studies on parental engagement, identify best practices of parent resources and parent outreach, and develop a toolkit for educators of best practices and parent engagement materials.
- Collect and analyze family and community engagement data to adjust and refine programs/services; prepare documents, summaries, management reports, and implementation plans as requested.
- Assist in the development of a districtwide Parent Engagement Training catalog.
- Develop and coordinate district and campus-level summer reading initiatives.
- Serve as a resource for school-related organizations, including Parent-Teacher Association, etc.
- Provide technical assistance to district staff to achieve a broader understanding of the student community and family engagement.
- Inform parents and students through a variety of forums, including face-to-face and community meetings and online forums.
- Produce and disseminate materials and information pertaining to the Family and Community Engagement program to various publics in multiple formats.
- Conduct district/campus professional development in-service as requested to promote positive campus/staff/volunteer/partner relationships and engagement.
- Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned by the Family and Community Engagement Director.
- Consult with principals and school leadership to facilitate implementation of parent communication campaigns and parent events promoting student achievement, college awareness, and parent engagement.
Budget and Inventory
- Participate in the development, record keeping, and management of budgets for assigned programs.
Policy, Reports, and Law
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and the local board policy.
Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals
Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Repetitive hand motions; frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Frequent districtwide travel; occasional districtwide travel
Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress