Federal Programs Procurement Clerk
High school diploma, or equivalent, from an approved education institute
CEOP Certification, preferred
Proficient use of MS Office software applications-advances skill level
Knowledge of pertinent state and federal purchasing laws and regulations
Professional communication skills and interpersonal skills
Strong organizational and clerical skills
Ability to make decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures
Ability to develop written requirements for a wide variety of instructional supplies and services
Ability to multi-task and handle heavy workload in fast-paced office with critical deadlines
Three (3) years successful campus secretarial experience
Experience with campus procurement process
Experience with Oracle software applications
- Work cooperatively with campus personnel to determine specific requirements and assist in locating necessary goods and services.
- Develop written technical requirements for a wide variety of instructional supplies and services.
- Evaluate comparative prices and quotations and make purchasing recommendations based on information obtained.
- Provide written justification for supplier selection, when needed.
- Generate and maintain database of item descriptions and awarded quotes.
- Monitor contract status related to expiration and spend level.
- Compile, maintain and file reports and other documents, including auditable records, associated with federal procurement operations.
- Ensure compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations governing school district purchases of goods and services.
- Monitor purchase requisitions to ensure accuracy of information, calculations and coding.
- Work closely with campus personnel on following the correct procurement processes.
- Stay well-informed of state and federal regulations related to procurement and communicate to appropriate department personnel.
- Research federal procurement processes of comparable school districts.
- Assist campus liaisons, within the department, with preparation of training materials, procurement process communications and other related tasks.
- Provide customer support to campus personnel.
- Relate to campus and department personnel in ways that convey mutual respect, concern and high expectations.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly,
- Display professionalism in dealing with district personnel and suppliers.
- Maintain a problem solving mindset, approaching problems with tact, directness, and integrity.
- Foster an environment in which open communication and feedback from campus and department personnel is encouraged and valued.
- Exert a positive influence demonstrating a “can do” attitude and promoting a collaborative work environment.
- Show initiative in assuming responsibility for routine office functions, duties and responsibilities.
- Determine priorities and maintain office controls to ensure timely accomplishment of assigned tasks.
- Utilize multiple software applications to perform daily business operations.
- Create PowerPoint presentations for trainings.
- Complete work effectively, accurately and promptly.
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity of information handled within the department.
- Attend professional development courses for continued personal and professional growth.
- Comply with time and effort reporting requirements through personnel activity reports or periodic certification, as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.