Field Nurse-Technology Specialist Health Services
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Bachelor’s Degree in nursing related field
Valid Registered Nurse License (RN) from the Texas Board of Nursing
Competent holistic nursing assessment skills
Expertise in student specific case management plans for acute and chronic health conditions
Ability to implement policies and procedures
Exemplary computer skills
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
Strong organizational, communication, mentoring, coaching and interpersonal skills
Three (3) years school nursing experience
- Function within the framework of the Texas Nurse Practice Act.
- Take a leadership role in developing, implementing and evaluating the goals and objectives of the GISD Health Services Department.
- Ensure student information system supports best nursing practices.
- Encourage and recognize excellence/improvement in the performance of campus nurses.
- Demonstrate high expectations for staff.
- Relate to staff, students and parents in ways that convey mutual respect, concern and high expectations.
- Project a positive image of the school district program.
- Demonstrate an openness to campus nurses and willingness to improve the functions of the health services department.
- Promote community understand of and support for the district mission.
- Resolve conflicts effectively and work in harmony with others.
- Promote and recognize professional growth and leadership.
- Work with the health services director to ensure that the technology/functions of the health services department are supportive of the instructional program.
- Provide technology related materials and resources to the campus nurses.
- Provide opportunities for staff nurses to remain current in the practice and procedures of school nurses that interface with technology.
- Collaborate with technology information systems regarding computerization of students’ health information and health services programs.
- Conduct regular on-site visits with nursing staff.
- Conference regularly with staff regarding job functions and program expectation.
- Facilitate staff nurses in the technology aspects of the school health program.
- Support and follow local, state and federal rules and policies.
- Implement school health policies and procedures related to the electronic health record.
- Facilitate the quality of the school health program through development and maintenance of the student information system.
- Maintain student information system training manual.
- Respond promptly to complaints regarding the health services program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain professional nursing skills and knowledge as required by the Texas Nurse Practice Act and the Texas Board of Nursing including certification for mandated screenings and basic life support for healthcare providers (CPR/AED).
- Improve personal performance and leadership skills through staff development opportunities, coursework and/or professional associations to ensure continued district improvement.
- Ace in a professional and ethical manner as outlined in the standards of conduct for the nursing profession.
- Mentoring of health services staff; orientation and assessment of new health services staff