High school diploma or GED
Advanced accounting education/training
Highly effective communication skills and ability to deal with staff and public in a positive manner
Proficient in keyboarding, 10-key numerical data entry, and file maintenance
Ability to work with numbers in an accurate and rapid manner to meet established deadlines
Proficient in Microsoft office products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Three (3) years of experience or college work in accounting-related subjects
Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Receive and process timely all expense transfers, sub ledger corrections and departmental billings.
- Verify all expense transfers, sub ledger corrections and departmental billings to ensure completeness and accuracy prior to payment.
- Maintain budget book and monthly billing for all School Resource Officers, including overtime compensation.
- Work with Student Services, Athletics, campuses and other departments requiring SRO’s to keep accurate records of SRO’s working at each event.
- Work with campuses and departments to provide financial training and serve as a liaison to the Business Office.
Records and Reports
- Assist with preparation of financial statements, income statements, and cost reports to reflect financial condition of district.
- Prepare and provide notices, receipts or documentation as needed.
- Ensure appropriate and complete documentation for records and reports is received in a timely manner.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required.
- Other duties as assigned.