Fire Sprinkler Technician
High School Diploma or GED
State Fire Alarm License
Military Veteran with Honorable Discharge
Technical Certificate in Basic Electronics
Provide valid Texas Class C driver license and prove insurability to operate district vehicles
Knowledge of low-voltage electronics
Knowledge of fire sprinkler systems
Knowledge of fire alarm systems
Knowledge of basic electronics
Aptitude for successful completion of assigned tasks
Ability to work under pressure in emergency situations
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Ability to work within a diversified culture
Ability to serve as a role model for all district employees by exhibiting behavior that is ethical, courteous and responsible
Three (3) years’ experience working of fire sprinkler systems
- Maintain district fire suppression/sprinkler systems in accordance with all fire codes, best practices and department processes.
- Maintain district fire alarm systems in accordance with all fire codes, best practices and department processes.
- Maintain district fire extinguishers in accordance with all fire codes, best practices and department processes.
- Act as district representative for all fire marshal facility inspections by walking locations with fire inspectors to record and report all deficiencies to ensure fire code compliance.
- Support other technicians in the field to repair systems (e.g., CCTV, Raptor, Access Control, Intrusion, PA, and Telephone), as needed.
- Complete work-related documentation in accordance with district processes and policy.
- Provide support to campus staff as needed to improve system operations.
- Perform periodic after-hour standby duty to respond to technical issues as needed.
- Assist with security issues as directed by the director of security.
- Perform other duties as assigned.