Free Reduced Lunch Application Processor Manager
High School Diploma (GED)
Associates/Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, preferred
Knowledge of pertinent federal and state guidelines on the School Breakfast Program and
National School Lunch Program
Strong communication and interpersonal skills to serve the general public and to positive represent Garland ISD
Strong computer/word processing skills working in a Windows environment
Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully maintain detailed records
Ability to successfully work in a high volume, fast-paced environment
Demonstrated multi-tasking skills and flexibility
General clerical and strong grammatical skills
Ability to supervise temporary data entry personnel
Bilingual, a plus
Experience in processing free and reduced-price meal applications
Two (2) years school food service experience
Free & Reduced Meal Application
- Manage the free and reduced-priced meal application process.
- Ensure all meal applications (online and paper) are processed accurately and timely.
- Ensure online/scan applications are validated and processed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the distribution of online meal application information and printed meal application forms.
- Coordinate and participate in events pertinent to promoting meal application.
- Maintain communication with parent/guardian regarding meal application issues.
- Print and mail meal application result letters to parent/guardian in a timely manner.
- File and maintain all meal application documents.
- Establish procedure to monitor application status and to ensure pending applications are held and processing in a timely manner.
- Conduct internal audit to identify errors (if any) and to make appropriate adjustment timely.
Temporary Processor Management
- Coordinate the hiring of temporary processors.
- Coordinate the role distribution and scheduling of temporary processors.
- Establish and communicate clear guidelines and expectations pertinent to meal application to the temporary processors.
- Provide appropriate training to temporary processors for effective performance.
- Monitor time and effort of temporary processors to ensure high productivity.
Meal Application Verification Process
- Conduct annual meal application verification process according to TDA stipulated timeline and guidelines.
- Communicate with selected household to collect income proof documentation.
- Review, process and conclude verification accurately and timely.
- Establish process to ensure 75% response rate.
Maintenance of Student F&R Account
- Conduct monthly download of state Direct Certification (DC) list from TX-UNPS and perform monthly CE DC matched process.
- Update monthly DC list and extend DC status to appropriate household members accurately and timely.
- Print and mail DC letters in a timely manner.
- Update Homeless, Foster, Migrant and Runaway list accurately and timely.
- Respond to F&R eligibility status inquiry from parent/guardian.
- Provide F&R eligibility status report to principal and administrator upon request.
- Update prepayment and manage account adjustment as needed.
- Verify PEIMS economically disadvantaged data as needed.
- Responsible for providing F&R meal application documentation as needed for administrative review as requested.
- Stay abreast of best practices, laws, regulations, policies and emerging technologies related to school food service operations and communicate to appropriate department personnel.
- Foster an environment in which open communication and feedback from principals and employees is encouraged and valued.
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned.
- All federally funded incumbents of this portion must comply with time and effort reporting requirements through personnel activity reports or periodic certification, as appropriate.
- Supervise assigned staff.