General Maintenance Worker III
High School Diploma or GED
Valid Texas driver’s license with good driving record
General maintenance knowledge
General knowledge of crafts, such as: carpentry, flooring, ceramic tile, glass glazing, painting, drywall, minor plumbing, ceiling tiles, cabinet maker and constructions and minor electrical repairs (ballasts & lamps)
Ability to use a computer
Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in general maintenance preferred
- Ability to complete assignments in a timely and acceptable manner.
- Ability to maintain inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Perform carpentry repairs to school buildings and other district facilities.
- Perform repairs to floor coverings, ceramic tile and cove base.
- Perform minor plumbing, HVAC, electrical, glass and ceiling tile/grid repairs.
- Perform wall repairs, painting, texture, tape & bed and drywall installation.
- Perform wall stud installations and ability to make cabinets if needed.
- Ability to operate/drive a service vehicle following all state rules and regulations.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to use a computer to log work hours, and close work orders.
- Ability to work safely with power tools, hand tools, lifts and equipment.
- Ability and willingness to perform all other duties as assigned.