GISD Employee Clinic Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
High School Diploma or GED
Must maintain current Basic Life Support Certification
Possess appropriate clerical and/or secretarial experience
Understanding of computer functions including word processing, spreadsheet and data base
Working knowledge of basic office equipment
Understanding of medical records and related software
Strong analytical and organizational skills
Understanding of accounting procedures
Strong assessment skills along with a logical process to gather and analyze data in order to make decisions, take action or commit to specific assignments.
Possess effective communication, public relation and interpersonal skills (service-oriented personality).
A minimum of two (2) years medical experience in community health and/or working with patients.
- Schedule appointments and maintain customer database.
- Type correspondence such as letters, memos, reports and forms.
- Answer routine telephone inquiries regarding the clinic use and procedures.
- Maintain general office files.
- Order materials for office and department.
- Monitor the various internal systems within the clinic.
- Responsible for collecting and accounting of monies.
- Responsible for communication concerning telephoning, faxing and maintaining medical records.
- Perform other duties as assigned.