GISD Employee Clinic Manager
High School Diploma or GED
Bachelor Degree in a Business or Health Care related field, preferred
CPR Certification required
State Nursing Licensure preferred
Possess leadership, direction and coordination of departments relating to employee care in an acute care clinic setting.
Possess the ability to work closely with overseeing physicians, administrators and staff to ensure the delivery of quality, cost effective health care to the clinic’s patients.
Demonstrate oral and written communication skills, including the use of good grammar. Use appropriate interpersonal skills and methods of communication to obtain agreement or acceptance of an idea, plan, activity or product.
Possess the ability to use a logical process to gather and analyze information, weigh alternatives and select the best alternative, to render judgments or commit to a plan of action.
Possess a thorough understanding of the technical content of the clinic manager position and the ability to apply these skills to health-related issues.
Possess organizational skills that follow an orderly approach to setting priorities relating to workflow as well as meeting deadlines and employee clinic goals
Maintain all necessary certifications, licensures
A minimum of three (3) years successful experience as a manager/supervisor in a health clinic or related field setting.
Order all medical and operational supplies for the employee clinic.
- Responsible for accounting functions of the clinic including account receivables for office visit copays, payment of all invoices directly associated with the medical operations, all banking operations, deposits, reconciliations and any other monetary operations in the clinic.
- Maintain proper payroll records in compliance with FSLA, insuring the clinic is operated within federal, state, and local regulatory requirements, including but not limited to labor laws, EEOC, ERISA, HIPPA and OSHA.
- Responsible for the safety, maintenance and upkeep of the clinic.
- Maintain records of staff attendance, staff training requirements, annual OSHA training and all clinic blood-borne pathogen prevention and exposures.
- Maintain records for all licensures, certifications, and permits related to the operation of the clinic.
- Actively participate in clinic meetings, GISD leadership seminars, information sessions and other mandated GISD related meetings.
- Actively participate in all GISD health initiatives, working with the Wellness, Health Services and Student Services departments of GISD.
- Positively promote clinic events, changes or new policies.
- Serve as liaison between clinical staff and GISD administration to ensure changes dealing with policies and procedures are accurate and complete.
- Foster effective/ongoing two-way communication between clerical staff, clinical staff and administrations.
- Responsible for conflict resolution at site and encourage staff to participate in problem solving.
- Responsible for maintaining all expenses within the budget including accounts payable procedures and controlling stock inventory.
- Adhere to all GISD policies and procedures and treat all information confidentially.
- All GISD Employee Clinic staff members