GISD Employee Clinic Nurse Practitioner
Must complete a Bachelors’ of Science or higher degree program from an accredited nursing program
Must maintain a current license to practice medicine as a Nurse Practitioner by the Texas Medical Board
Must maintain current Basic Life Support Certification
Must attain continuing medical education credits as required by the Texas Medical Board
Possess a thorough understanding of the technical content of the position as well as the ability to
apply these skills to health-related issues
Possess the ability to develop a course of action to achieve work objectives while anticipating
contingencies and develop alternate plans to meet completion deadlines
Possess the ability to set priorities and make adjustments to meet fluctuating workloads
Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
Possess the logical process to gather and analyze information in order to take action or commit to a
Possess strong assessment skills
Possess the ability to handle stress of time restraints and emotional stressors
Possess the ability to appropriately delegate responsibilities to the staff
Respond to medical/health problems presented by patients including history taking, diagnosis,
investigation, treatment and referral as appropriate
Possess the ability to commission healthcare by liaising with medical professionals in the community
Responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all patients according to HIPPA
Responsible for meeting targets set by the government for specific treatments
Keep up to date with medical developments, new drugs, treatments and medications
Insure each patient is given the “standard of care”
Preference is given to candidates with a minimum of two (2) years practical experience with patients
- Provide diagnostics and therapeutic medical care and services to GISD Employee Clinic patients, assist in the observation and evaluation of patients, take case histories, conduct physical examinations and order laboratory studies.
- Make diagnoses, select and provide appropriate treatment for medical (life or death or severe injury), as indicated until emergency assistance arrives.
- Assess a patient’s condition and initiate the appropriate treatment.
- Knowledge of pharmaceuticals to treat diseases and illness, to include knowledge of the mechanism of action, side effects, toxic nature and drug interaction of medications.
- Interpret diagnostic tests in order to determine therapeutic treatment plans.
- Deal with patients on a one-on-one basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.